It’s that time of year—the beginning of Round Two of A Round of Words in 80 Days, the writing challenge that knows you have a life. Feel free to join us on Facebook or on the website and hop in whenever you’re ready. I’m a few days late in getting my goals posted, but here they are…
So, Round One was a bit of a wash for me in terms of writing goals, but it also provided some much-needed downtime. I put a lot of thought into my writing path and the creative journey that I’m on. For the past few months I’ve been having trouble writing, getting words on the page here and there but not really moving forward.
And then, all of a sudden, things kicked back into gear. I realized if I want to make this path work I really need to start charging forward. During one of my tarot readings I drew the card the Ace of Swords, which is all about taking action, cutting through the briar, and moving forward. And that’s exactly what I’m doing.
I dug into revisions of Spellfire’s Kiss, a novel that I plan on releasing this fall, hopefully in October. I love this story; it’s the first one I wrote when I made the leap to writing full time, and I’m excited to be able to share it with readers.
So, what are my goals for Round Two? Here they are:
- Finish Spellfire’s Kiss and send to editor by June 1.
- Finish a second draft of Fates Entangled, a novella.
- Finish The Forest’s Own, a short story, and start submitting to magazines.
- Do a read-through and start revisions on Goblins and Grimoires, a novella.
- Continue on my quest to read 30 books in 2017.
- Read some books by writer-friends and get reviews posted.
What about you? What are your goals for the second quarter of 2017?