Yes, I know it’s been months since I’ve blogged. And I’ve missed the ROW80 community a lot. A lot. But I realized I couldn’t do it all—be this super professor and a writer and a blogger and so on—so I decided to set blogging aside for the semester and focus on teaching and writing.
But the semester has ended, and I’m back! And with exciting news…
One of my novels is a finalist in a contest! Yay! I find out the final results around June 1, so stay tuned for more info.
And…I have a book coming out. My first one. Squee! Into the Faerie Forest is a short-story duo that follows the McAllister sisters and their dealings with the fae. It’s coming out this summer—hopefully late June. I’m still waiting to hear back from my editor on how many changes I need to make before sending to a proofreader. More on that, too, in the next few weeks.
And now, I’m late for an important date with A Round of Words in 80 Days, the writing challenge that knows you have a life. So here are my goals for this round:
- Revise, edit, and format my short story duo, Into the Faerie Forest, and publish in late June.
- Write a draft of Goblins and Grimoires.
- Revise Spellfire’s Kiss (formerly Good Old-Fashioned Magic).
- Read two books on the craft/business of writing.
- Continue with my goal to read 65 books this year.
Click here to see what fellow ROW80 participants are doing.
So that’s me. Now what about you? Tell me what you’ve been up to.