It’s the season of caramel apples, brightly colored leaves, and pumpkin…well, pumpkin everything. And it’s also time for the final 2015 round of A Round of Words in 80 Days, the writing challenge that knows you have a life. For those who aren’t familiar with it, participants set their own goals and then make weekly check-ins.
Here are my goals for this round:
- Write 5,000 words a week.
- Finish a second draft of my novella A Prince in Patience Point.
- Finish a second draft of my short story “Midwinter Bride” (and possibly change the title).
- Finish a draft of at least one other novella.
- Finish reading On Writing Romance by Leigh Michaels.
These goals leave room for flexibility. Maybe I’ll want to write an autumn-inspired short story, or maybe I’ll be able to squeeze editing another novella in there.
Click here to cheer on fellow ROW80 participants.
What about you? What is your favorite thing about autumn? And what are your goals for the rest of the year?