Good news: I’ve met all of my writing goals for Round 3 of A Round of Words in 80 Days. This means, of course, that I have to decide which projects I want to focus on for the remainder of this round. I have a list of possibilities, but I haven’t narrowed it down yet. I’m going to show up at the page Monday and see where I end up.
It was a productive week: I proofread and did some light editing to a short story and sent it to my critiques partners, finished a second draft of my novella “Good Old-Fashioned Magic”, and did some character background work for my novelette “Called by Magic.”
I also discovered a website full of great resources: Udemy. If you’re looking to build your personal brand, revamp your resume, publish an e-book, or, well, anything else you can think of, this site is a great place to start. Some of the courses are free and some are a little pricey. Check it out if you’re looking for ways to gain new knowledge on a variety of subjects.
- Finish a second draft of my novella “Good Old-Fashioned Magic.” Finished! I finished the second draft on Wednesday. I’m going to let it sit for a month or two, do a read-through, make corrections, and then send it to my critique partners.
- Write a first draft of another novella novelette. Finished!
- Read a minimum of four books on the business or craft of writing. Four of four books read. Currently reading a fifth book, “Manuscript Makeover” by Elizabeth Lyon.
- Check in on Twitter or Facebook daily. Met for all days except Monday.
- Blog two times per week. Target met.
- Comment on three to five blogs per day, Monday-Thursday. Target met.
What about you? How are your goals, writing or otherwise, coming along?