After a few weeks of spinning my wheels, I’m now making progress again on my WIP. I’ve also outlined a new project for later this year. My plan is to do character bios, a blurb, and a for-my-eyes-only synopsis before digging into that story, another novella, later this year. I also want to write a fairy tale retelling—something I’ve been itching to do for a long time. Something like that could be a NaNoWriMo project or another goal for later this year. But first, I have a second draft to finish!
I was quite frustrated with myself a couple weeks ago for my slow pace. I figured this year my writing would be zipping along, but a slow period every now and then can’t be helped, I suppose. I made use of time I wasn’t working on my WIP to mull over some new projects, type up some notes, and do outlining on another project, so the time wasn’t wasted.
So far this year, I’ve written drafts of a novella and a short story, and I have a couple more projects that I’d at least like to start. I’m learning to be kind to myself whenever I go through a dry spell and focus on what I did accomplish, not what I didn’t.
- Finish the second draft of the novella I drafted in Round 1, “Good Old-Fashioned Magic.” Revised one chapter so far this week. I won’t have a finished second draft by the end of this round, but I’m hoping to hit the halfway mark.
2.) Read 4 books on the craft/business of writing.
- 4 of 4 books read. Goal met for this round.
3.) Social media:
- Check in on Twitter daily. Met for Monday and Tuesday.
- Comment on 3-5 blogs per day, Monday-Thursday. So far, on track to meet this goal.
- Blog 2 times a week. On track.
A Round of Words in 80 Days is the writing challenge that knows you have a life. It’s also a blog hop!
What about you? How are your goals, writing or otherwise, coming along? What do you do when you reach an obstacle in the writer’s road?