Sunday ROW80 check-in

ROW80LogocopyI wasn’t feeling well for a few days this week, so I didn’t manage to keep up the pace I was working at last week. Last week I revised eight chapters. This week I managed one, though I’m digging into more major revisions, so my pace is going to slow down anyway. I won’t have the feedback on the last five chapters of the manuscript back from my critique partners until early July, so I doubt I’ll finish a second draft by the end of this round. But I can still make some major progress on what they’ve read so far.

ROW80 check-in

1.) Writing:

• Finish the second draft of the novella I finished in Round 1, “Good Old-Fashioned Magic.” Revised the first chapter. I’m still not completely happy with where it’s at, but it’s improving. I also wrote 720 words, the first scene in a new story.

2.) Read 4 books on the craft/business of writing.

• 4 of 4 books read.

3.) Social media:

• Check in on Twitter daily. Goal met for Thursday and Friday, not for the first part of the week.
  • Comment on 3-5 blogs per day, Monday-Thursday. Goal met for Tuesday and Thursday, not for Monday and Wednesday.
  • Blog 2 times a week. Missed Wednesday’s post. 1 of 2 posts done.

What about you? How are your goals coming along?

And before I forget, happy Memorial Day! How are you celebrating?

A Round of Words in 80 Days is the writing challenge that knows you have a life. It’s also a blog hop!

8 thoughts on “Sunday ROW80 check-in

1. S.J. Maylee says:

I hope you’re all better. Colds are the worst. I’m so glad you’re finding ways to move forward on your WIP. It’s an important part of the process. Here’s to a healthy week and more progress. 🙂

2. John Holton says:

We don’t celebrate the holiday per se. We’ll probably hang out at Starbucks most of the afternoon, come home, watch the ballgame and have a pizza.

Good work on your goals!

That sounds like a good plan. We went for picnic on Sunday and on Monday went to see the new X-Men movie. It was a nice, relaxing way to spend the three-day weekend.

Thanks!

3. Gloria Weber says:

I’m sorry to hear you got sick. Though, I’m glad to see you’re doing okay now. 🙂

First chapters can be hard. You’ll get there. You have my best wishes that it is much sooner than you expect. May your revisions keep going forward!

Thanks, Gloria. Yes, there’s a lot of pressure to write a really mind-blowing first chapter. I also have a tendency to over-think things and then freeze up when I’m at the page. I’m learning to take it one page at a time and not worry about the other chapters or scenes left to revise.

4. Eden says:

Colds suck. Glad to hear that you’re feeling better, Denise. We’ve been fighting one here too. It’s a bummer. :-/

Looks as if you’re making great progress on your goals despite that. Congratulations.