Not much to report this week. I did some hiking this weekend, and spent the rest of the week doing prep work for revisions—a read-through during which I took a lot of editing notes; created a scene chart listing the POV, summary, location, goal, motivation, conflict, and disaster/resolution for each scene; and did some more character background work before I dive into revisions this week. Hopefully by the end of round 2 (June 26) I have a solid second draft!
My ROW80 progress this week:
- Finish the second draft of the novella I finished in Round 1, “Good Old-Fashioned Magic.” Finished the read-through earlier this week. I also did some more character background exercises and made a scene chart.
2.) Read 4 books on the craft/business of writing.
- 3 out of 4 books read. No progress to report for this week.
3.) Social media:
- Check in on Twitter daily. Target met.
- Comment on 3-5 blogs per day, Monday-Thursday. Target met.
- Blog 2 times a week. Target met.
A Round of Words in 80 Days is the writing challenge that knows you have a life. It’s also a blog hop!
What about you? How are your goals, writing or otherwise, coming along?