Overall, it was a productive week. I finally got past the wall of anxiety that kept blocking me on my revisions. I realized that if I’m good enough to write a first draft, I’m capable enough to revise that draft a few more times until it’s just right. I also realized that while there are scenes I definitely need to fix, there are also scenes that are pretty good as they stand and just need some clarification and minor revision. Now that I’m past the two-thirds mark in revising, I’m definitely breathing a little easier.
- Finish the second draft of the novella I finished in Round 1, “Good Old-Fashioned Magic.” I’m about two-thirds of the way through the read-through and hope to finish that process up early in the upcoming week. After that, I’m going to make a scene chart and dig into the actual revisions, one chapter at a time.
2.) Read 4 books on the craft/business of writing.
- 3 of 4 books read. This week, I read Cathy Yardley’s “Rock Your Revisions” and finished reading Stephen King’s “On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft.”
3.) Social media:
- Check in on Twitter daily. Every day except Thursday.
- Comment on 3-5 blogs per day, Monday-Thursday. Target met.
- Blog 2 times a week. Target met.
What about you? Does revising ever make you a little nervous? And how are your writing goals coming along this week?
A Round of Words in 80 Days is the writing challenge that knows you have a life. It’s also a blog hop!