Has spring arrived in your neck of the woods yet? Here, the daffodils are in full bloom and the buds are bursting on the trees.
Spring holds the promise of renewal and rebirth, of transformation and new beginnings. And with that promise comes a sense of connection to the world around us, and to the inner self that is called to the world’s magic the way a seedling is coaxed out of the ground by sunshine and spring rain.
In honor of the promise of spring, here’s a lovely little tune I’d like to share, “Bird Song,” by The Wailin’ Jennys. A sample of the lyrics is below. Enjoy, and happy spring.
I smell the flowers blooming, opening for spring
I’d like to be those flowers, open to everything
I feel the seasons change, the leaves, the snow and sun
I’d like to be those seasons, made up and undone
I taste the living earth, the seeds that grow within
I’d like to be that earth, a home where life begins
–The Wailin’ Jennys, “Bird Song”
- Work on revising Made of Shadows, a paranormal romance novel. I set this story aside for a while so I could get some distance, but I think I’m ready to return to it with a fresh perspective. Finish short story/novelette that I just started. Wrote 3,679 words in this project. I’m still working on a title.
- Finish the second draft of the novella I finished in Round 1, Good, Old-Fashioned Magic. On hold until I finish the short story I started. Planning on starting the second draft in May.
2.) Read 4 books on the craft/business of writing. Currently reading “On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft” by Stephen King.
3.) Social media:
- Check in on Twitter daily. Goal met for Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, not for Monday or Friday.
- Comment on 3-5 blogs per day, Monday-Thursday. Target met all days except Monday.
- Blog 3 times a week with new blog schedule. Blogged twice this week. I’m thinking of changing this back to two times per week instead of three, since that schedule seemed to work better.
A Round of Words in 80 Days is the writing challenge that knows you have a life. It’s also a blog hop!